I wrote a ranty blog post, then I deleted it. That's the best Christmas gift I can give to you!
Instead here is a silly fun thing to make with the kids.
Enjoy the break if you are having one and see you in the New Year :)
How to make a Secret Snowman:
You will need:
- Cardboard tube
- Dacron or cotton wool
- Small twigs
- Things to decorate it with: buttons, coloured paper
- Lollies or dried fruit (depending on your Xmas diet!)
1) Cut 3cm off a cardboard tube
2) To make the body: cover the tube in Dacron or cotton wool – and glue it into place.
3) Make a head from a circle of Dacron/cotton wool pulled into make a ball. I found it easiest to sew this; hand stitch around the outside edge and pull it tight- stuffing the middle first. Tie it off tight.
4) Glue the body to a piece of card. I used green, cut into an uneven shape. Glue another strip of Dacron/cotton wool around the base of the body so that it looks nice and rounded.
5) Decorate the face: black beads or card for eyes, a bit of orange chenille stick for a nose, a red mouth from card or craft foam, buttons from beads (or tiny buttons) and two small twigs for arms. If you are feeling adventurous you can make a little top hat from card.
6) Fill the body with sweet treats and put the head on.