Thursday, April 19, 2018

A Big Hoot!






Life has been busy since my win at WOW. I’ve worked on a web series with The Candlewasters being head of art and props, worked with a small costume company on designing and constructing some fun ideas, pottered away on my wearable art entry for this year and the biggest- literally because it was huge, painted an owl for The Big Hoot. A fundraiser for the Child Cancer Foundation.

Vodafone were my sponsors and they put together this lovely little video of my workshop selfies, painting my very large owl!.
You can see the process here!

The owls go up for public auction on the 29th May. You can visit my owl, Ruru Kakotea, downtown Auckland at the corner of Vulcan Lane and Queen Street. We removed the beautiful leather rope (plaited by the very talented Ali Middleton) for his public watch in case it was souvenired, but it will be reinstalled for the auction.

Download the trail map and the app, and go visit all the owls, they are absolutely stunning!
Over and out until my next post- in the meantime follow me on facebook and Instagram.
Cheers
Fifi


me and Ruru Kakotea at the grand unveiling
In situ, Vulcan Lane, Auckland


No comments: